OKCupid  

Posted by: Bethany Sue in , , , ,

A couple days ago, I joined an online dating site called OkCupid:


Now...allow me to first share my opinion on dating sites. I think they're fucken stupid. I think that in order to find people to date, that you should go out and meet people in a live social way, and that thinking an online site will just 'magically' find you a lovely mate is completely and utterly ridiculous. So, for the people who go into with "I wanna fall in love, so I'll join this site" then you too, are ridiculous. (I sound like Peirs Morgan)

HOWEVER! If you're..well, like myself, and you joined out of curiosity of what a site like this is like, or you just wanted to have fresh conversations with new people, then...I understand. Those are the best reasons I can think of, as to why I joined. But honestly, I'm still not even entirely sure.

Maaaybe it's because I am female...but here is what I've found so far: 80% of these people are complete creeps. You might have already expected this, I certainly did, so I have no hard feelings when I look at someone's profile or message and say "Hmm...nope." and block them. Another 10% aren't so creepy...they're just boring, or clearly they were set up by their friends or something to be on the site, and have absolutely no interest in furthering any conversation that is given to them. These people, I say, ok no problem, but I don't want to talk to you :P

And the last 10%...well, I must say I am almost embarrassed to admit it because I had such huge doubts, but these people actually know how to have a conversation that isn't "hey" or "Your hot, let's hook up"! They are not terrible looking guys either, and so far I am content to keep my conversations with 3.5 of them (I say .5, cause one of them is a druggie...and...yeah, haha.) In general, I was just really surprised that these (even though few) guys were on here not to hook up or even actually date anyone, but to talk to someone attractive (in more ways than just looks) and just have a stimulating conversation.

Don't go thinking with your head now..."Aw now she'll find a man and they'll date and be happy forever!" Most certainly not. My largest outlook on this is that I have no problem talking to people, and MAYBE making as friend, but I certainly have no desire to date anyone on this site. I'm going into it with the feeling that if I get bored/creeped out/whatever with it, I can delete it no problem and never look back on it. I think this is a good way to look at the site...especially for me ;)

So, if you are ever interested in seeing what a dating site is like, I suggest OkCupid. It's completely free, you can actually see the pictures of the matches, and it's all in good fun if you know you're keeping yourself safe. Enjoy!


(This is Peirs Morgan, from one of my favorite shows, America's Got Talent)
((Cause I know you were just DYING to know this))

This entry was posted on Thursday, July 28, 2011 and is filed under , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment