A whole new light...it's called the sun!  

Posted by: Bethany Sue

On a semi-important note, I woke up today around 8am. I don't think I have done that in...oh...say over 6 months? (I counted 8 months). There are two reasons why this is kind of a big deal:

  1. I went to bed around 4am, and I am somehow not wishing I was back in bed yet. For someone who sleeps 10+ hours on a typical night, this is a dramatic change, and seemingly impossible task.
  2. I have been telling myself for a while now that I wanted to get up earlier...to be more productive with my time, and not waste it all away by sleeping until 2 in the afternoon. And though every night before I rev myself up with motivation and make my list of goals; the next morning I always wake up, shut off my alarm, realize that I literally dont HAVE to do anything until 4pm, and go back to sleeping forever.

It's pretty safe to say that I am not a good self-motivator. A terribly weak quality that I'm not to proud to say has not gotten better over the years. And along with that I don't have a very good idea as to how one should improve on that idea. I guess one way to do it is to purposely set things to be at earlier times in the day. (Classes, appointments, work, ect.)  Today I made an appointment with my counselor at 9:15...IN THE MORNING!! I admit I thought it was a bit crazy for me to even think about getting out of bed before 11...but here I was, waking up at 8, hating myself for it, but still going through with making it on time. And now it's almost noon, and I haven't gone back to bed!

I think I deserve a little pat on the back :)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment