Friday the 13th  

Posted by: Bethany Sue in , , , ,

Typically, I would say that I am not a superstitious person. But as it seems with all of the things that have been happening today (Friday, May 13th) I'm getting a little bit cautious about it all being a simple coincidence....

As I would hope for anyone who is actually reading my this, you know that I am working on campus this summer at SCSU as a Conference Crew Assistant. Basically we have been spending this first two weeks cleaning and preparing the residence halls for the arrival of any camps that might come through and stay there for a period of time. Well, they seemed to think that it was a good idea to make heavy lifting as a task for this job, consisting of us removing all the furniture from one dorm they are renovating. Needless to say, I did more physical activity that day than I have in my whole two years here at college (which I'm not exactly proud of, by the way). By the end of the day I was covered in bruises and pain in places I simply think should just not hurt. Thinking we were done with that bull-shish, today we had to set up one last room..and of course, the easiest of all the tasks would have me injured the most. My hand is swollen from pinching it in the door, I got hit in the head by a bed frame, I put a staple through my finger, and there is a weird bruise on my hip from god knows what! This makes me consider desk work to be a much safer alternative...

I also haven't slept for the past couple days...well, maybe a few hours, but all that's doing is keeping me from falling over at this point. I was ok not sleeping Wednesday, it was rather enjoyable if I do say so myself :)) and should happen again real soon. Thursday night however...not much of a good excuse there...tried to nap, failed. Watched a movie, too tired to concentrate, failed. Tried to sleep, failed. FINALLY got tired at like 4am, but by that point I was too busy worrying about being late for work...which I was :/ not a good thing at all.. I plan on dying tonight, and it shall be grand.


I suppose a bitter sweet situation did happen yesterday...I went to Platos Closet and bought lots of stuff at a low low prices :) which was awesome!! (I got a pretty dress hehe) However, it did seem to point out two issues: 1. I am spending waaaaaaaaay too much money that I do not have to capability of doing at the moment. 2. I realized that I gained at least one pant size this year :( meaning my clothes don't fit, and i quite simply feel like 'blaaah'. I need a solution to this...a workable one...

P.S. I'm pretty sure if I wasn't so damn tired last night, The King's Speech would have made me cry.

This entry was posted on Friday, May 13, 2011 and is filed under , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment